Popular Posts

Give Me Books

Hot Tree

Pure Textuality PR

Reading Addiction Virtual Book

Buoni Amici Press

Book Partners in Crime

StarAngels & Promo Stars

A Good Book Can Change Your View For Life




Today I am posting An Interview with DL ATHA Author of Blood Reaction & For The Sake Of Revenge.



DL please tell us about yourself in no more than 15 words.
I'm a doctor turned writer, mother of three, with some crazy stories in my head.

We are promoting your two books on this blog, can you tell us a little about one of them?
Blood Reaction is the story of a single female physician who suffers a supernatural home invasion.  In order to survive, she has to dig deep inside of her self and her medical training to save not only her own life but her only child's as well.  It's a story of the love of a mother for her child as well as betrayal and the budding of romance.

Blood reaction is a vampire novel that has a very strong medical theme, what made you decide on that route?
As a physician, I see things first as a scientist and I can certainly see the possibilities of what is "paranormal" now as "science" in the future.  Plus it's easier to write about the familiar.

Blood Reaction is also the first in a series, what can we look forward to next?
Annalice, the main character, has to face her new future in the second installment.  She was somehwat judgemental in some ways of Asa, the vampire. She's about to find out that this life is not as easy as she thought.  Plus she meets a hot new vampire!!

One of the things I loved most about your writing is how tightly knit the plot is, you introduce just the right amount of detail at just the right time and your characters used sparingly for a specific purpose and the result to me is an uncluttered novel.....I’d like you tell us a bit about your writing style.
With Blood Reaction, I really wanted the reader to feel the isolation of the main character.  To feel as though they were right there in that farmhouse.  I never truly described her physical  appearance so that they reader would picture themselves or someone to whom they could relate.

I know that you not only enjoy writing vampire novels but reading them as well, what is it about this genre that appeals has such appeal for you?
The legends of the vampire are deep and have long historical ties.  I find them fascinating on all levels.  I've done extensive research and the more I learn about the legends, the more I want to learn.

What other styles do you write in?
I also write some medical non-paranormal thrillers but paranormal is my favorite

How do you deal with writer’s block?
When I have writer's block, it is essential that I have time to myself.  Just to think and imagine.  I do a lot of verbal role playing out loud with my characters, which I'm sure sounds strange, but it really helps.

Answer the following:
One of my happiest memories is......
My happiest moment was my first horse ride.  Such freedom, such liberation!

My singular eccentricity is......
I have to leave one swallow in my glass of whatever I'm drinking.  I have no idea why.

I am most productive when......
I'm stressed and sleep deprived.

I can’t stand.....
Seeing food go to waste.

Writers who have influenced my life and writing are (and why)....

I have always wanted to have the ability to make a character be so memorable that the reader would feel like they actually knew that person.  Margaret Mitchell only wrote one book but after I read it, I would have sworn Scarlett O'Hara had been my next door neighbour.  That is talent!!


About DL Atha:
DL Atha, having the good fortune to have been raised in rural western Arkansas, resides there still with her husband and three children where together they enjoy the farm life.

She earned her MD in 1999, and currently enjoys the practice of hospital medicine and wound care which she performs full time in a nearby town.

She is currently working on the sequel to Blood Reaction.
For the Sake of Revenge was her first venture into non-medical fiction.

A few of her favorite things are chocolate, anything old but especially old houses, gardening, and horses.

Her least favorite things are getting up early, anything that happens before nine a.m. and constricting clothing.


Get in touch with DL ATHA:

https://twitter.com/DLAtha2
http://bookblogs.ning.com/profile/DLAtha
https://www.facebook.com/ForTheSakeOfRevengedlatha


Purchase DL ATHA's books:

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/dlatha
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4877830.D_L_Atha
http://www.amazon.com/DL-Atha/e/B005018RJU/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1408311205&sr=8-1
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blood-reaction-d-l-atha/1101002201?ean=9780979335600


 Fabulosity Reads Book Promotions is a book touring website that promotes authors and their precious works to an extensive audience using blogs, twitter, Facebook and other Social Media, with the aim of introducing them to an appreciative readership. They offer a diverse range of both complimentary and affordable products to help the reach of your book go that much further.