Popular Posts

Give Me Books

Hot Tree

Pure Textuality PR

Reading Addiction Virtual Book

Buoni Amici Press

Book Partners in Crime

StarAngels & Promo Stars

A Good Book Can Change Your View For Life


The Last Night By Heather Kirchhoff



Title: The Last Night
Author: Heather Kirchhoff
Release Date: July 1, 2013
Language: English
Genre: Contemporary, Multicultural

RATING 

Summary:


After Sarah Hill’s boyfriend dies, everything changes. Caught up in her grief and desire to see him again, Sarah is challenged in moving on. She’s sucked back into the world Sarah was in before they started dating-being invisible, bullied. She slowly begins to pull away from everyone, unable to do it anymore. Then one day her reality comes crashing down all around her, pushing Sarah to the edge…


The Last NightThe Last Night by Heather Kirchhoff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Teenage author Heather Kirchhoff's The Last NIGHT is undoubtedly a spellbinding,original and captivating masterpiece enticing readers from the starting till the very last line.

It is the story of a teenage girl Sarah Hill belligering from the beefy feeling of being sucked back into the murky hell she belonged to before she started dating her Now- Dead boyfriend Ryan.

Already coping through tangled relations and anathematized past, the young girl's grief is waxed, she yearns to see her boyfriend and if possible to change the past, to go back into time and prevent his suicide , but too late for that she has to confront the ailing and vitriolic present.

It not only questions the social issues like bullying and suicide but expresses how it jeoparadize and traumatize people and their lives.

The flow of emotions..the pain,sorrows teenage feels...the misery of being alone, ununderstood, awaif like an outsider, bullied, loosing a lover your soumate and self accusation for being incapicitive to save his life....every emotion seems real, lively and relatable. Suffering of teens, challenged by life, imprisoned deep inside, neither said nor expressed, dissolving them inside and out are brought up so felicitly that they touch the soul.


It is not only in the making the character come alive or in the realistic feel given by obssesive attention to every emotion where the reader finds the book's main virtue.

I adulate the author for her extoling work orecticing the reader not only to read it again but to love it and live it!!!

View all my reviews


Excerpt:

“More tears crept down my cheeks, leaving them burning. Everything felt wrong. I was wrong. I didn’t belong here. I don’t fit in well enough, I never have. I’m always just that girl. The one who’s so quiet. The one who dated Ryan. The one who is constantly bullied. All because no one sees me for who I truly am. I’m just there. That’s all, nothing more, nothing less. I opened my eyes and stared at the wall, letting my thoughts go insane, letting everything I’ve ever known slip even farther from me. I don’t try to get a grip on anything anymore. I’m done. I’m sick of being bullied, sick of being ignored, misunderstood. I’m tired of being alone. I don’t want that. I don’t want people to see me differently. I don’t want to go through this anymore. I don’t want someone to become my friend and then leave nor do I want to suffer. I can’t live like that. I’m always looking behind me, waiting for someone to expose my secret. I go through the same motions everyday,
burying my thoughts deep down, taking a deep breath, and facing the world. But eventually those thoughts come back to the surface, building my wall once again. I felt it happen, noticed how my hand started to shake as I became overwhelmed.”



ImageHeather Kirchhoff lives in a small town in Missouri with her three parents, siblings, an energy-filled dog, and three cats. She became a bookworm back in sixth grade when her teacher suggested the Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley and instantly fell in love. She loves reading paranormal stories, plus some love ones here and there. Besides reading and writing, Heather likes to go for walks-especially in the woods-hunt, fish, spend time with her animals/family, and listen to music. Writing is her passion-it helps her escape the world for a while, as well as reading-she doesn’t know what she’d do without it. She just loves it. When she isn’t writing, Heather is doing odd jobs, reading, taking walks, or spending time with her animals/family. Heather is currently a junior in high school. 




Follow Heather Kirchhoff on Goodreads